Zum Inhalt springen

Corton Grand Cru blanc 2018


Incl. VAT where applicable
(212,05  / 1000 ml)
Delivery Time: approx. 3-4 workdays

But above all, the deep minerality of the wine from vines planted in 1970 impresses, the bubbling, the pressure that develops on the palate and this brilliant mixture of citrus fruit, salt and smokiness, mixed with a little pineapple, pear and mirabelle. The Corton is still very young, and you can tell.

Corton Grand Cru blanc 2018


SKU: 9910216162 Categories: , , Weingut:

Wine information
This impressive Chardonnay consists mainly (80%) of grapes from the exquisite Grand Cru region of Corton-Bressandes. The remaining 20% are distributed among the Corton sites Les Chaumes and Les Renardes. It is particularly remarkable that these wine regions are actually known for the planting of Pinot noir. The soil composition of these single vineyard sites is characterised by bajocium and Oxford limestone, pebbles, clay and a high iron content. In the production of Corton blanc, a complete pressing of the grapes was carried out in mainly neutral several-year-old barrique barrels. The subsequent natural fermentation took place without batonnage for 14 months on full lees and the wine was bottled with only a minimal addition of sulphur.

Brilliant medium straw yellow

The 2018 Corton blanc Grand Cru presents itself as a Chardonnay that is currently still somewhat restrained in its aromatic diversity. Nevertheless, it impresses with fine spicy wood notes, a stony characteristic, tobacco aromas as well as green and yellow citrus scents, hints of pineapple and a touch of herbs and spices such as marjoram and aniseed. Although the Corton is still very young, its inner strength is already intensely perceptible.

Only on the palate does the Corton reveal its true complexity and make the unique terroir intensely perceptible. It spreads out with impressive power and dynamism and surprises with a bright, radiant acidity. Its texture is fine and shows light tannin. But the minerality of this vine, which dates back to 1970, is particularly fascinating, igniting a veritable firework of flavours from citrus-heavy fruitiness, salt and smokiness, mixed with hints of pineapple, pear and mirabelle. The Corton blanc should be given some more time to mature, in the meantime you can fall back on the equally exquisite Chardonnay Île des Vergelesses.

Food recommendations
Prawn dumplings with homemade mayonnaise
Grilled turbot with a sauce of butter, vanilla, apple and lime, served on creamy white polenta
Gnudi stuffed with pears and parmesan, tossed in a yuzu butter sauce


Contains sulfur


Chandon de Briailles









Alcohol content

Residual sweetness



6,0 g/l

Drinking temperature


Parker points



Chandon de Briailles, 1 Rue Soeur Goby, 21420 Savigny-Lès-Beaune / France, Organic certificate: FR-BIO-01